Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February Activities

Gung Hay Fat Choy!  Happy New Year to you :)

We have been SUPER busy in Kindergarten!  Why is it that all of the holiday's fall in February?  We celebrate Dental Health month, Groundhog's Day, Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day, the 100th Day of School and President's Day.....whew!  I feel like I'm drowning in craft activities but it is a lot of fun.  And the crafts are sooooo adorable! 

Here is a picture that I blogged about last week.  The idea came from wherelse.....Pinterest.  I thought it was absolutely adorable!  I've seen it posted by several people but I can't find any link back to the creator (if you know who created this please let me know so I can credit them.)   How stinkin cute are these?  My kids really "got it" when we put the green string in between the "teeth."  One student even said to me, "I bet it gets really gross between our teeth!"  I think he will be flossing regularly from now on :)


"We need to dental floss our teeth and you need to
keep it clean."

"I have to brush my teeth because food gets stuck in dare." :)


We also discussed Chinese New Year.  This year is the Year of the Snake but I didn't have a cute snake activities so we went with the dragon.  The kids LOVE to make these!!!!  It's a little hard for them to cut out but they really enjoy playing with them when they're done!


We connect the head and tail with red construction paper and
 use colored pipe cleaners so they are moveable.



We also work on a project called "100 Acts of Kindness."  The whole Kindergarten participates then we display all of the hearts.  I have 25 students so each child gets 4 hearts. 







Finally, I realized I never posted a picture of our Hearts for Sandy Hook projects.  We worked on this when we came back to school after Winter Break. The kids did such a great job with them.  I plan to leave them up for the rest of the school year.



Hope you enjoy the pictures.  I will be posting our Valentine's work tomorrow.  We made cute little heart shaped.....thingy's, lol.  They may not have a name but they are cute!  Thanks for reading :)

Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...