Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Tips!

I can't believe I almost forgot it was Tuesday!  The last two days have been both hectic and fun.  I've had a lot of kids absent again (7 yesterday and 5 today) so it's been kind of nice teaching a small class of 18-20 students.  On the down side, marks closed today so I've been racing to get all of the assessments done.  For just this marking period, we assess
 
    1.  Letter Rec                                            
    2.  Concepts of Print                                
    3.  Number Rec                                         
    4.  Number Writing
    5.  Phonics - Beginning Sounds
    6.  Running Records
    7.  Twenty-three different math skills

Luckily, we don't have a writing sample due this marking period and our DIBELS testing is in two weeks.  Take all of the assessments above and mulitiply that by 25......it's exhausting!

Anyways, I've been scouring the internet looking for some good tips and here's what I came up with for this weeks......Tuesday Tips!


What a great idea!  Just glue a pom-pom or a cotton ball on the end of an EXPO marker and you have an instant eraser!


I found this idea at: Where the Mermaids Murmur (Click picture for link)
Now I don't think that I would use them exactly the same way but these would be GREAT for storing materials according to a given skill.  For example, I could make one binder of just number identification activities, one for letter recognition, one for identifying shapes, etc.  These binders / activities could be used over and over by multiple kiddies which also cuts down on paper.


The next tip is from "What The Teacher Wants." (click pic for link)
I don't know about you but I stopped using liquid glue all together because I only get to use about 1/2 the glue before it clogs up!  This is a great tip for keeping the glue running smoothly!



This one is an oldie but a goodie!  I have a computer that has wires dragging across walking space.  I use bread tags to tie them together and label them for easy reference.



If you have any great tips you want to share, e-mail me at thekindergartenpod@yahoo.com.  Thanks for stopping and have a great week!


Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...