Saturday, January 4, 2014

January Math and Literacy Centers

Woooooo Hooooo!  Having that snow day yesterday has been an incredible thing for me.  I finished up LOTS of products, got LOTS of work done, took down all the Christmas stuff, and rearranged the furniture in the living room!

My hubs and I are on a mission to rid our home of clutter.  It's amazing how much you keep in a house that you don't even notice.    Well I just love throwing things out and de-cluttering so I've been feeling really accomplished!

It was great the way our "return" to school worked out.  I was scheduled to return to work on Thursday so I spent the entire day Wednesday feel G.U.I.L.T.Y because I had done nothing on my to-do list.  We returned to work Thursday as scheduled then had a good ole storm and had off Friday.  I spent the last two days knocking out everything on my list so now I'm feeling good again!

I was able to finish up both my January Math Center Activities and January Literacy Center Activities. I got all of the activities printed and cut out this morning so they are ready to go.  Here are the deets:


I did a post about this product yesterday.  Either click here or on the picture to read that post and see the pictures.


January Literacy Center Activities

This product has oodles of cool activities (....get it...."cool" activities?!?!  I crack myself up!)   Anywho, here are some pics of all the cute activities that are in there:


"Snowman Sliders"
Students practice decoding then blending CVC word family words to sound out the word.



"Snowflake Families"
Students practice identifying words within a word family.  Covered are -at, -an, -ag, -ad, -et, 
-en, -it, and -in.



"Mitten Matching"
Students identify the letter on the mitten then match it to the picture with the same beginning sound.



"Word Builders"
Students identify and match the beginning sound to complete the word.  Pictures are provided for additional support.


"Real vs. Nonsense Words"
Time to get ready for DIBELS!  This activity will provide fabulous practice!


"Beginning Sounds"
Students use a clothespin to identify the beginning sound for each picture.


A label comes with each activity so you can store your product in a sandwich or quart-sized bag.



I intend to use this product for my Early Finisher's Tub so I included a large label for that as well.  I hope you enjoy this product!  Click on any of the pictures, or here, to download this product.

P.S. Stay tuned......I'm working on some cute Olympic Activities that I'll be finishing up soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...