Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday Tips!

Hi all!  Sorry I didn't post last week.  I've been just frantically trying to keep my head above water lately.  I really hate this time of year as a teacher!  I spend my time endlessly assessing, implementing interventions and getting all of my ducks in a row for possible retentions.  The paperwork is never-ending.  On top of that I think I am keeping every local doctor in business because I just keep running from one to another.  Most nights I don't get home until after 7 then I spend the rest of the night working in my office.....ugh!  Okay, rant is over. You will now return to your normally scheduled program!

Tuesday Tips:

I came across a really cool website this past week.  It is a collaboration of people posting their organizational ideas.  The site is called Classroom Collective (link below.) I plan on implementing many of these ideas!!!  Hope you like them too!

Website: http://classroomcollective.tumblr.com/tagged/Classroom%20Organization

Lesson in a Bag:
                           Binder organization filled with homemade Duct Tape and Ziploc cases. You can store them in a single binder until you are ready to distribute materials for a day/week/unit, or you can have students insert the bags into their own binders. Thanks to Instructables and Classroom DIY for the idea!
                          

The idea behind this picture is to organize all the materials you need for a lesson into a ziploc bag.  Cover one of the long sides of the bag with duct tape so you can hole-punch it.  Once you do, put it in a binder and voila....you are all ready to go.  Now, I can't see doing this for lessons I use throughout the year but I could totally see doing this on a weekly basis.  I plan on getting a 3" Binder and having tabs for Monday through Friday.  That is much more manageable for me but what a great idea!


Absent Work:

educationofali:

from-student-to-teacher:

Absent Bin…an easy way to make students responsible for getting make-up work (I already do this!!!)

I make my students come to me and ask for their assignments.  I have a folder at my desk where everything goes.  Any extra copies go to the “extra copies” bin by the door.  This might make for a more independent classroom though!

Great idea about how to deal with absent students.

Now, I don't think this would work for me at the Kindergarten level but I could definitely see this working for 2nd through 6th and up.  What a great way to keep students up to date!  And once the month is up just file everything away and you're done! 


Storage and More!

Two filing cabinets back to back with fabric to cover. Magnet board!!!
        Calendar Math...

I don't know about you but this picture just makes me happy!  I wish I HAD two filing cabinets (or one for that matter) to put together but how stinkin cute is this?  I would definitely put my number pocket chart on these!  I'm totally jealous!


Decorative Letter Organization:

CD binder to hold die-cut letters.

I love to use the cut-out letters but haven't found a good way to organize them.  I can NEVER find one of the letters I need - don't cha just hate that!  This way, you could organize them alphabetically or even if you use them for the same thing each year, keep them stored that way :)  I soooo want to meet this person!


Class Lists:

class list in a picture frame easy to mark and erase

No more recording sheets!!!!  I love tihs one so much I think I am going to make it tonight!  How simple!  Just print out your class list and put it in a frame or a clear sheet protector.  When items come in just cross off their name.  This is definitely one of those "DUH, why didn't I think of that?" moments! 


Cool Idea:



While this is a SUPER cool idea, I don't think I'll ever be this organized.  Not even when I grow up!
I posted it for those of you who are :)  Hopefully no more kids get left in the bathroom!


Teacher's Toolbox:




 While this is not a new idea, it's certainly a fun one.  It's on my Summer to-do list which grows by the minute!


Well trust me, I could post all night.  This website is a MUST check out!  What is your favorite organizer / classroom management trick?  Spill the beans below :)


9 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love organizing! I could seriously organize my closet on a Saturday just for fun, so I can't wait to check out the site!!! Thanks for the heads up.

    Julie
    OpenWideTheWorld

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure! Trust me, I spent wayyyyy too long on there. Great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori
    I love these ideas! This blog post is great! I am going to pin all these ideas so I won't forget! I am with Julie - I love organizing! When I have my things all organized it helps me focus on having fun and teaching!
    Such cool ideas!! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm off to pin and then go check out that website!!

    Laura ~ First Grade Spies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I love organzing a little too much :) Thanks for following!

      Delete
  4. I just found your blog on TPT forum. I am now following you. I love to meet and share ideas with other kindergarten teachers.

    Charlotte's Clips and Kindergarten Kids

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! I'm off to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  5. Being an owner at a food store, it is your prime duty and responsibility to introduce a difference in packaging along with the taste! To attract a pool of clients and customers towards your cookie brand, one needs to try out optimal & proven vape cart boxes that are eco-friendly in nature, while assure to add value in the cookie brand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to check it out. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Superb blog and outstanding design.gable boxes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sindsyg fedt sted!! Vi sad på tag terrassen og fik nogen gode drink og et hyggeligt sted! Hel sikkert et sted vi kommer igen 😉 take away lyngby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...