Friday, November 22, 2013

We Are Thankful!

Happy Friday!

Disclaimer:  I just got home from Happy Hour with my co-workers.  I cannot be held responsible for any grammatical errors in this posting.  You may now proceed.


Boy, was this the lll ooooo nnnnnn gggggg eeeee sssss ttttttt week ever?  I don't know about you but I feel like I won the lottery just because I made it to Friday!

Seriously, this was by far the roughest week of my year so far......that is until parent-teacher conferences next week!


So we wrapped up our Thanksgiving theme this week with one of my favorite activities.  Throughout the week, we discuss what it means to be thankful, and what we are thankful for.  Today we made our "We Are Thankful" quilt.  I always love how this turns out.


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/I-Am-Thankful-990742
This little guy is thankful for his cat and his bike.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/I-Am-Thankful-990742
She is thankful for her family and her new baby sister.
 
 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/I-Am-Thankful-990742
We assemble all of their quilt squares to make one big quilt.
 
 
And because I LOVE giving out freebies, I made the quilt squares available in my TpT Store.  Just click on any of the pictures to download this activity.
 
I have recently been on a mission to rid my hallways of every form of tape imaginable.  You see, we have cinderblock walls throughout our building.
 
Cinderblock does NOT hold tape well.  Cinderblock does not hold duct tape, masking tape, painters tape.   ANY tape.  I've even tried rubber cement.  Nope, nada, nothing!
 
Plus our district turns off the heat / ac every weekend.
 
So every darn Monday morning, I walk down my hallway retaping / rehanging everything back on the walls.
 
It drives me NUTS!  Bonkers!  Completely insane.
 
I'm not the type of person who enjoys doing something more than once.  I mean, c'mon, who has that kind of time?!?!? 
 
So, here is my solution.
 

 


 
I hung Command Strips and strung string between them.  Hang the kiddies pictures with clothespins and voila.....no more tape!
 
No more tape makes me happy!
 
One last thing before I go.  Last week we worked on our Bear Theme.  Each year we make these adorable bears.
 

 
The kiddies make a bear collage and we cut the bears in half and use it as a writing piece.  Because of the new program we are using this year, I'm not allowed to have the kids write more than one word at this point so I gave them all this prompt.  I love how they turned out!
 
Well, I'm off to bed now.  Barely keeping my eyes open.  Must sleep!
 
Have a good weekend!
 
P.S. Leave me a comment or follow my blog to get more great freebies and products!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...