Monday, November 19, 2012

Bear Unit

Happy Monday!  Today I attended all day training on our Math program (Everyday Math.)  I must say, the program has come a long way since I started using it.  Our district bought the deluxe online package and it really has a lot to offer.  At the training we discussed the CCS a lot and unlike others, it got me pretty excited.  WHY you ask? Is it because I'm crazy?  Well, yes, but no :)

I'm actually excited because my district will move completely to CCS by next year.  This gives me the opportunity to begin aligning my activities NOW.  I feel like I will be soooo ahead of the curve for once!  Woo Hoo!

I just finished my Bear Unit for next week.  Included in this pack are 3 Literacy activities (all can be instant centers) and 2 Math activities.  We are practicing a lot of tally marks in Kindergarten these days.  The math activities include matching the number word to the tally mark and ten frame.  The Literacy activities are tiered activities.  They include letter matching (upper/lowercase) for those kiddos who still need the practice, Sight Word Memory, and the more advanced Scrambled Sentences.

                         Download the complete unit here


Hope you enjoy!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...